Sunday, September 26, 2010
Wow-I'm flattered..and I like it...
What a wonderful way to start my day..I received this blogger award from one of my favorite autism bloggers Big Daddy Autism. He received the award from another of my favorite bloggers Floortime lite mama.. In order to accept the award, I have to tell you seven things about myself that you don't already know-And I have to pass this on to seven bloggers that I think are great. The blogger part is easy..the seven things about myself..well once you've admitted that you keep a spare toilet in your garage..it's hard to go from there...but I'll try...
1) I love candy in all its various forms. I consider it the base of my food pyramid. I don't however eat green candy. I have never liked it. If I am eating a box of "Jujyfruits" or any other kind of gummy type thing-I always throw out the green ones-or try and pawn them off on Omar. If I were stranded on a desert island, and the only thing to eat was green candy-I would die.
2) Peter Falk (actor who played "Columbo") has seen me naked. I worked as an artists model in N.Y. and he came into the studio I was posing in- looking for models to use. He didn't hire me. My ego blames his glass eye.
3) Although I have gotten better at it-ordering pizza, calling a plumber..or in general making any kind of phone call like that freaks me out. I am not the only one in my family like this. I once made my sister pay me to call a locksmith.
4) Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love trick or treating. I think that this is one of the perks of having kids.
5) I love shoes..especially platforms. Most of my shoes have a three inch or more heel.
6) Through blogging, I have met one of my best and dearest friends-Kim Wombles.(also one of my favorite bloggers) In the year and a half that I have known her, we have worked together on many projects. The autism blogs directory is our latest. We have shared so much with each other-about our lives, our accomplishments, goals..love of chocolate. Funny thing is-we have never met for reals, nor spoken on the phone. She doesn't even know what I look like. Yet my day would not be complete without the thirty zillion back and forth emails to each other. Go figure.
7) If you had asked me twenty years ago what I'd be doing now-being married and having four kids was definitely not on the agenda. I regret nothing-but from time to time find myself amazed thinking about the person I was as opposed to the person I am becoming.
So there you have it-my list of seven unknowns. Now on to the fun part. I could name at least a hundred blogs that I love. Because of the way my life is, I don't get to read as much as I want to. I usually reserve a day to just go and read, catch up and comment. I appreciate so many-but I'm only allowed to tag seven of my favorites..here they are in no particular order-
The king and eye
Looking for blue sky
Mother of Shrek
No Stereotypes here
On the spectrum
I look forward to reading seven things about them-and the discovering the blogs that they choose. :)