Monday, December 31, 2012

"Fun Size" post....

 ~"New Year’s Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."~
–Mark Twain





 Oscar asked me this morning if there was going to be a revolution tonight. It took me a minute to figure out what he meant.."Revolution?".."Yes...is there going to be one..like the Revolutionary War?" ..."I think you mean "Resolution"...as in "New Years Resolution.".."Oh...so it isn't like when we fought the British?".."No...a resolution means that you are making a decision to do something in the coming year..like lose weight, or read more....something like that.".."Oh."..."So, do you think you would like to make a New Years Resolution this year?"  "No."...

  Can't say that I blame him.  I am not one for making resolutions either. It is just setting myself up to fall.  It really never fails..the day I resolve to do something-like eat healthier, there will be a giant candy sale..and I will find myself (hiding from the kids) while I stuff myself with delightful bits of "Dove" chocolate. Why is there never a blow-out sale on carrots or broccoli?  No, instead there are HUGE displays of chocolate as far as the eye can see. Milky Way bars...and Snickers..all in little "fun size" packages. As if calling them "fun" alleviates the guilt you feel for sneaking handfuls of little bite sized pieces-all while cooking broccoli and carrots for your children..Honestly-I would do so much better if they made a "hilarious" size. It would be harder to sneak-and I would probably wind up eating healthier...So you can understand why I don't make any resolutions. It just isn't worth the stress for not keeping them.

  This past year has been filled with so many twists and turns.  There were some hard times, and mostly good times...and even some surprises.  I am looking forward to what this new year will bring. So, I am not going to resolve to do anything-except to enjoy the ride.

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope that you all have a wonderful, joyful, hilarious (anything but fun sized) peaceful year...

2 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

Happy new year darling !!!
That is what I plan to do as well - enjoy the ride

jazzygal said...

Hehehehe!! A Happy Giant Sized New year to you and your fab family Kathleen :-)And I don't do resolutions either!

xx Jazzy