The ramblings of an overwhelmed mother of four very active kids..oh, and all of them are somewhere on the spectrum...
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Wow-I'm flattered..and I like it...
What a wonderful way to start my day..I received this blogger award from one of my favorite autism bloggers Big Daddy Autism. He received the award from another of my favorite bloggers Floortime lite mama.. In order to accept the award, I have to tell you seven things about myself that you don't already know-And I have to pass this on to seven bloggers that I think are great. The blogger part is easy..the seven things about myself..well once you've admitted that you keep a spare toilet in your garage..it's hard to go from there...but I'll try...
1) I love candy in all its various forms. I consider it the base of my food pyramid. I don't however eat green candy. I have never liked it. If I am eating a box of "Jujyfruits" or any other kind of gummy type thing-I always throw out the green ones-or try and pawn them off on Omar. If I were stranded on a desert island, and the only thing to eat was green candy-I would die.
2) Peter Falk (actor who played "Columbo") has seen me naked. I worked as an artists model in N.Y. and he came into the studio I was posing in- looking for models to use. He didn't hire me. My ego blames his glass eye.
3) Although I have gotten better at it-ordering pizza, calling a plumber..or in general making any kind of phone call like that freaks me out. I am not the only one in my family like this. I once made my sister pay me to call a locksmith.
4) Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love trick or treating. I think that this is one of the perks of having kids.
5) I love shoes..especially platforms. Most of my shoes have a three inch or more heel.
6) Through blogging, I have met one of my best and dearest friends-Kim Wombles.(also one of my favorite bloggers) In the year and a half that I have known her, we have worked together on many projects. The autism blogs directory is our latest. We have shared so much with each other-about our lives, our accomplishments, goals..love of chocolate. Funny thing is-we have never met for reals, nor spoken on the phone. She doesn't even know what I look like. Yet my day would not be complete without the thirty zillion back and forth emails to each other. Go figure.
7) If you had asked me twenty years ago what I'd be doing now-being married and having four kids was definitely not on the agenda. I regret nothing-but from time to time find myself amazed thinking about the person I was as opposed to the person I am becoming.
So there you have it-my list of seven unknowns. Now on to the fun part. I could name at least a hundred blogs that I love. Because of the way my life is, I don't get to read as much as I want to. I usually reserve a day to just go and read, catch up and comment. I appreciate so many-but I'm only allowed to tag seven of my favorites..here they are in no particular order-
The king and eye
Looking for blue sky
Mother of Shrek
No Stereotypes here
On the spectrum
I look forward to reading seven things about them-and the discovering the blogs that they choose. :)
Labels: blog awards, flattered, seven blogs, seven things
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Is there any green candy that's good? :-) Hee, makes me think of lime jello. I don't care for jello at all, but I really don't like lime jello. Sigh. I'd probably starve, too, if our choices were only green candy and lime jello.
:-) Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I don't like the phone either... hee, but someday we will visit in person. hah, if I can overcome my dislike of travel... Hey, you do realize you almost, pretty close, close enough for me, wrote that I complete you? Hee! Tis true, a day without our emails is a long, lonely day, one that really has me jumping out my skin!
The blogs you've chosen are lovely, lovely blogs. We've been tremendously fortunate to run across some of the most incredible people from all walks of life, from all over the globe! Hee, they complete us, too!
I cant wait to read about you two actually meeting!!
Umm interesting - i dont like phones either!
Thank you so much for thinking of me as there are so many fantastic blogs out there :)
You forgot to write you wear 3 inch heels because I am taller than you and always will be! :)
love love love your blog !
Thanks for the shout out
I am the same way but with red candy
Peter Falk seeing you naked is the funnest fact that I've ever read. I would totally be using the glass eye as an excuse and not feel one bit slighted.
Congratulations on your award kathleen and thanks so much for including me - there's some wonderful blogs in the other 6 and some that are new to me: am looking forward to checking them out :)
Oh and I love your quirky list of 7 - it's really different x
Whoop!! Well done on your award! And it means a lot to me that you've included me in your list. Thank you.
Your list of 7 is wonderful... you really are such an interesting person Kathleen. I'll be hard pressed to match your list!
I think it's fantastic the friendships we make through Blogging and facebook etc. I do hope you get to meet Kim for real.... I finally met a Blogging pal 2 weeks ago and it was great! I have also met the fabulous Blue Sky in person too!
Go for it... you two must meet up!!
oh dear, let me see whether I can think of seven things....
Kim-I'm mini me!! :)
Casdok-I think you have a wonderful informative blog-I know that you have tons of followers..what you write makes a difference..sometimes being so popular gets you ignored..don't know if I'm making sense or not..so I wanted to point it out to the few who might not have read it-AND learn a little bit about you..:)
@ Ei-As I am your younger sister, I thought it my responsibility to tell you that you were shrinking..
K-floortime-if we ever meet, we could happily share a box of "Jujubees's" and none would be wasted! :)
Lynn..:) I'll take the best possible explanation that works for my ego any day! :)
Hi bluesky-you so deserve this! I think that your blog has so much to offer people..:)
Jazzy-I KNOW you can come up with an interesting story..as I've read a few of them..I think your blog is wonderful. :)
Corina-I know you can..:)
Thank you! My post is up now.
my post is up as well.
Also, random unknown special for people here: my Grandpa's name is Peter Falk. Specifically, Peter Peter Falk, from the Ukraine. As far as I know, no relation to the actor. Grandpa was a Russian Mennonite minister, held a PhD in Theology, went to the Congo for quite a few years (where my mom was born), and when he came back, wrote a textbook on the history of the Christian church in Africa.
Door-to-door missionaries only made the mistake of knocking on his door once; he'd invite them in for coffee, sit them down with his own copies of their books and thoroughly ANALYZED the theology.
My grandpa. Well, the English speaking one....
Thanks Corina and Stephanie..
Corina-I can say with absolute certainty that our Peter Falks are different! haha...that made me laugh. Your grandfather sounds like an interesting man..I love that he would invite missionaries in-that is very funny..
Congrats on the award!
I am SO with you on the phone thing. Actually, there are nights when we are lucky to actually get the pizza ordered because we are too busy fighting over who has to call.
Well, now you got another one, from me! Check my blog and see.
Hi Chellie- Great to hear from you..I have to stop by and see how everything is going with your little guy-wonderful I hope.
Thanks Clay-how sweet of you. :)
Thank you for the mention and I am very sorry that it has taken me so long to come over and collect! The last two weeks just seem to have fallen out of my calendar, somehow!
Had a good laugh at the Peter Falk one, but you know that will be the one thing he regrets for the rest of his life :D
Done it here! Thanks again :)
You wear 3 inch heels in the snow?! Awesome-yet another superwoman power that I didn't know you possesed . Hmmm.... I saw a pair of 'winter' timberland heels that I sensibly talked myself out of buying [as I don't live in the snow anymore], this post has me totally rethinking that now. I have a 'summer/kitchen' pair that I bought specifically for football games-and they were totally worth it!
Post a Comment